API Management and Developer Onboarding for Istio and Gloo Edge
The Solo.io Gloo Portal provides a framework for managing the definitions of APIs, API client identity, and API policies on top of Istio and Gloo Edge. Vendors of API products can leverage Gloo Portal to secure, manage, and publish their APIs independent of the operations used to manage networking infrastructure.
Powered by the OpenAPI specifications, the Gloo Portal provides policy, traffic control, and a web UI for consuming APIs provided by services deployed in and outside of Kubernetes.
Documentation | Blog | Videos | Slack #gloo-portal | Twitter
How does it work?
The Gloo Portal is driven using declarative YAML configuration (Kubernetes Custom Resources), as well as by the service discovery and routing capabilities of the Istio and Gloo Edge gateways, making it the first Kubernetes-native Gloo Portal of its kind.
Users of the Gloo Portal upload API Documents (OpenAPI schemas) that reflect the APIs served by microservices running inside (or outside) Kubernetes. Once that is done, users can do any of the following:
- Bundle individual API operations into API Products.
- Publish API Products to a customizable Portal Web UI.
- Expose API Products to Ingress traffic with Istio or Gloo Edge.
- Set Authz and Rate-Limiting policies on exposed API Products.
The Gloo Portal automates networking both for Istio (VirtualServices, DestinationRules, and EnvoyFilters) and Gloo Edge (VirtualServices, RouteTables, and Upstreams) and renders a dynamic Gloo Portal Website from user-provided API Documents, which are bundled and published as API Products.
See the Setup page to install the Gloo Portal and the Getting Started guide to publish your first APIs!
- Join us on our Slack channel: https://slack.solo.io/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/soloio_inc
- Check out the docs: https://docs.solo.io/gloo-portal/latest