Gloo Mesh Enterprise
- Do not segfault if the garbage collector cannot construct a label selector for objects from an inactive cluster. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh/issues/1408)
- Optimize the ListAllMeshes call by only returning counts and error counts of its mesh resources (workloads, access log records, wasm filters) instead of listing out each resource. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/260)
- Include operator values in Helm values documentation. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh/issues/1361)
- Include operator values in Helm values documentation for RBAC webhook. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh/issues/1381)
- Add generation of swagger spec for REST API. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/314)
Gloo Mesh Enterprise 1.0 is now available! See our docs for information on getting started with Gloo Mesh: https://docs.solo.io/gloo-mesh/latest/.
- Enterprise Networking (
networking.enterprise.mesh.gloo.solo.io) version bump to v1beta1
- Observability (
observability.enterprise.mesh.gloo.solo.io) version bump to v1
- RBAC (
rbac.enterprise.mesh.gloo.solo.io) version bump to v1
- Networking Extensions (
extensions.networking.mesh.gloo.solo.io) version bump to v1beta1
- New pull-based architecture enhances Gloo Mesh’s security posture by removing the requirement of granting Gloo Mesh credentials to managed clusters.
- Virtual Destination is an abstraction that allows global service routing and failover based on geographical locality and service health.
- Extend meshctl with plugins for added client-side functionality.
- Plugins are managed via a Krew-inspired package manager for easy install, upgrade, and management.
Flat networking support
- Gloo Mesh Enterprise now supports flat network topologies, or workloads across compute environments which can communicate with one another without intermediary ingress gateways.
- AccessLogRecord CRD for configuring collection.
- Enterprise-networking REST endpoint for retrieving logs (
meshctl accesslogplugin for retrieving logs.
- Batteries-included support for golden metrics (request/success/failure counts, request latencies) for Istio service meshes.
- A Prometheus component is now available in the Gloo Mesh Helm chart and can be optionally installed with GME.
- Enterprise-networking REST endpoint for retrieving metrics (
This release contained no user-facing changes.
- solo-io/gloo-mesh has been upgraded to v1.0.0-beta14.
- solo-io/gloo-mesh has been upgraded to v1.0.0-beta13.
verboseHelm value to the enterprise-networking and enterprise-agent helm charts, set to ‘false’ by default. Setting this value to ‘true’ will enable debug logging. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/262)
- Allow access logs to capture additional data set by envoy filters, using filterStateObjects. For example, this is particularly useful to log filter states set by custom WASM filters. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/165)
- Retry failed helm releases to alleviate race condition where gcloud storage has not been updated with latest versions from previous release steps. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/284)
- Expose the admin grpc service separately from relay. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/268)
- Add generation for Helm values docs. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/270)
- Fix initialization of AccessLogRecord status. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/277)
- Graphing has been hidden away until it is ready to reemerge fully grown. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/263)
- Policies in the policy table should no longer shift and churn like so sand in an mobius hourglass. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/264)
- Counts for mesh details are now accurate in all locations. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-ui/issues/1565)
- Access log tables are now stacked to avoid overflow issues with longer names. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/278)
- Long lists of meshes in virtual mesh listings now scroll rather than flow off page. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/252)
- Implement selected destinations on virtual destination status. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/257)
- solo-io/skv2-enterprise has been upgraded to v0.1.4.
- solo-io/gloo-mesh has been upgraded to v1.0.0-beta11.
- Add self-signed helm value for easy cert initialization. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/201)
- Translate new ALR fields for including HTTP request/response header/trailers. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/212)
- Add golden metrics API for querying request count, success count, failure count, and request latencies for the network modeled as nodes and edges. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/181)
- Add Prometheus as subchart to Helm chart. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/207)
- Implement Envoy metrics sink to aggregate metrics from Istio workloads configured with enterprise-networking server as the metrics sink. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/128)
- Update ALR status with workloads it applies to. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/229)
- If the apiserver is unable to dial the relay server, try again instead of crashing. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-ui/issues/1525)
- ≥ The
NewKubernetesClusterReconcilercall was non-blocking. Due to the addition of a while loop that repeatedly made calls to the relay server, the number of goroutines would increase constantly. This has been fixed by 1) Moving the KubernetesClusterReconciler out of the while loop and separating it from the grpc.Dial retry logic, 2) making the
WatchForRelaySnapshotscall with the grpc.Dial a blocking function. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/241)
- solo-io/gloo-mesh has been upgraded to v1.0.0-beta7.
- solo-io/cli-kit has been upgraded to v0.1.2.
- Rename GlooMeshApiserver to GlooMeshDashboard, and move all apiserver helm values one level down under GlooMeshDashboard.apiserver. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh/issues/1276)
- Allow users to override the enterprise-networking service type via helm. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/185)
- Add a new Snapshot Forwarding Relay Server that will forward all the snapshots sent by the remote relay agents to the apiserver. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/180)
- Add a license check to enterprise-networking such that expired trial licenses no longer work, but expired enterprise licenses just log a warning. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/195)
- Rename the gloo-mesh-apiserver pod to dashboard, and update the helm chart. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh/issues/1276)
- Fix wasm plugin version command. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/189)
- Automate creation of Service Entries for non-mesh external services across all clusters in the virtual mesh using TrafficTargets. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo-mesh-enterprise/issues/121)