Gloo Mesh Enterprise changelog
Review the changelog for Gloo Mesh Enterprise releases. Changelog entries are categorized into the following types:
- Dependency Bumps: The version for a dependency in Gloo Mesh Enterprise is bumped in this release. Be sure to check for any Breaking Change entries that accompany a dependency bump.
- Breaking Changes: An API is changed in a way that is not backwards compatible, such as a changed format for an API field. Occasionally, a breaking change occurs for the process to upgrade Gloo Mesh, in which the changelog entry indicates how to use the new upgrade process.
- Helm Changes: The installation Helm chart is changed. If this change is not backwards compatible, an accompanying Breaking Change entry is indicated for the release.
- New Features: A new feature is implemented in the release.
- Fixes: A bug is resolved in this release.
The Solo team fixes bugs, delivers new features, and makes changes on a regular basis as described in the changelog. Some issues, however, might impact many users for common use cases. These known issues are as follows:
- Do not use underscores (
_) in the names of your clusters.
- You can deploy Gloo Mesh Enterprise in a single cluster or multicluster setup. However, the single cluster setup has not been tested as extensively. If you run into issues, try Debugging Gloo Mesh and Getting help and support.
- In Istio 1.13, a short hostname is automatically created for Istio ServiceEntry and Kubernetes services with
.svcin the hostname. Services in the mesh can use that short hostname to send a request to the service. For example, if you enable federation, service entries are automatically generated across clusters for you with names such as
reviews.bookinfo.svc.cluster-2.global. In addition, Istio automatically creates the
reviewsshort hostname that services can use to call the
reviewsservice. Requests are resolved at random to one of the backing services upon startup, which can cause unexpected behavior, especially if you apply policies to try to change the routing behavior. The issue is resolved in 1.13.4.