Gloo observability tools
Explore the Gloo observability tools that you can use to monitor the health of your service mesh and Gloo Platform.
Observability tools to use for your service mesh and Gloo Platform
Learn what Gloo observability tools you can use to monitor the health of your service mesh and Gloo Platform.
Service mesh health
You can choose between the following options to monitor the health of your service mesh:
- Gloo UI: View your service mesh workloads and policies that you applied to them, such as route tables and policies. To monitor the traffic to your workloads, you can access the Gloo UI Graph.
- Prometheus: The Gloo metrics architecture collects metrics for the workloads in your service mesh and sends this information to the built-in Prometheus server. You can use the Prometheus UI and PromQL queries to analyze and aggregate these metrics.
Gloo Platform health
You can choose between the following options to monitor the health of Gloo Platform:
- Gloo UI: View the clusters and Gloo custom resources that make up your Gloo Mesh Enterprise environment, including gateways, route tables, policies.
- Operations dashboard: Quickly see critical metrics and alerts for Gloo Platform components and processes, such as connected workload clusters, Gloo resources that could not be translated, the translation and reconciliation time, or the resource consumption of the Gloo management server and agent pods.
- Prometheus: Use the Prometheus UI and PromQL queries to analyze and aggregate Gloo Platform metrics.