Gloo Mesh Enterprise
Welcome to Gloo Mesh Enterprise, the multicluster and multimesh management plane that is based on hardened open source projects. With Gloo Mesh, you can unify the configuration, operation, and visibility of service-to-service connectivity across distributed applications that run in multiple clusters and service meshes.
What is Gloo Mesh?
Gloo Mesh Enterprise is a distribution of the Istio Service Mesh with production support, Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) patching, special builds to meet regulatory standards such as Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), and a multi-cluster operational management plane to simplify running a service mesh across multiple clusters or a hybrid deployment.
Gloo Mesh Enterprise also has enterprise features around multi-tenancy, global failover and routing, observability, east-west rate limiting and policy enforcement through AuthZ/AuthN plug-ins, and north-south traffic control through the Gloo Mesh Gateway Envoy proxy extension.
The following diagram depicts how Gloo Mesh Enterprise ties together your hybrid cloud strategy for managing ingress and egress across services that run anywhere.
Why use Gloo Mesh Enterprise?
With Gloo Mesh Enterprise, you get an extensible, open-source based set of API tools to connect and manage your services across multiple clusters and service meshes. Your subscription includes the following benefits.
Looking for a list of features compared against what's available in open source? See the Feature comparison on the product website.
- Upstream first approach to feature development
- End-to-end Istio long-term support for
- Specialty builds available for distroless and FIPS for regulatory compliance
- Backported critical security and CVE patches
- Production break-fix
- One hour SLA Severity 1
- Managed installation and upgrade processes
- Architecture and operational guidance and help establishing best practices that work for your team
- Additional Gloo Mesh Gateway extension is available for API gateway to control north-south traffic into and out of your multicluster environment
- Additional Web Assembly (WASM) extension is available for compiling your application code with nearly native performance in a web environment
Video introduction: Take a dive into Gloo Mesh
Get a license and talk with an expert:
- Talk to an expert to get advice, try out Gloo Mesh Enterprise, or build out a proof of concept.
- Join the #gloo-mesh channel in the Solo.io community slack.
- Try out one of the Gloo Mesh workshops.
- Learn more about Gloo Mesh in the website, blog, and in the docs.
- Attend one of our virtual, live events.
- Participate in one of the Open Source projects at Solo.io.
- Follow us on Twitter @soloio_inc.
- We're hiring! Check out our available positions.
Gloo Mesh would not be possible without the valuable open-source work of projects in the community, especially Envoy, Istio, and Kubernetes.