Gloo observability tools
Explore the Gloo observability tools that you can use to monitor the health of Gloo Gateway and Gloo Platform.
Observability tools by component
Learn what Gloo observability tools you can use to monitor the health of Gloo Gateway and Gloo Platform.
Gloo Gateway health
You can choose between the following options to monitor the health of your Gloo Gateway deployment:
- Gloo UI: View your gateway setup, such as configured listeners and applied Gloo policies. You can also review other Gloo resources, such as virtual gateways and route tables that your gateway uses. To monitor the traffic that the gateway processes, you can access the Gloo UI Graph.
- Prometheus: The Gloo metrics architecture collects metrics for the ingress gateway proxy and sends this information to the built-in Prometheus server. You can use the Prometheus UI and PromQL queries to analyze and aggregate these metrics.
Gloo Platform health
You can choose between the following options to monitor the health of Gloo Platform:
- Gloo UI: Gateway info, Gloo custom CTRs, such as route tables or virtual gateways, policies, and workload metrics
- Operations dashboard: Quickly see critical metrics and alerts for Gloo Platform components and processes, such as connected workload clusters, Gloo resources that could not be translated, the translation and reconciliation time, or the resource consumption of the Gloo management server and agent pods.
- Prometheus: Use the Prometheus UI and PromQL queries to analyze and aggregate Gloo Platform metrics.